Usually, I only present you with short descriptions for the food corner. Today, however, I have something special in store for you: A very easy cookie recipe.
You will need:
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose) / 250 g wheat flower
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar / 75 g sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla powder / 2 pouches vanilla powder (16 g)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg (medium)
- 1/2 cup softened butter (unsalted) / 125 g softened butter or margarine
Time: about 40 min.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180-200 °C depending on your oven).
- Lightly grease baking sheets, or line with parchment paper.
Sift flour into a bowl. Add all other ingredients. Stir until the dough is smooth. Take some of the dough, roll out to about 1/4-1/3 inch thick (about 1/2 cm; depending on the crunchiness you prefer). Cut out cookies with shapes/cookie cutters, and place cookies on your baking sheet. Bake for about 9 min.
If desired, decorate the cookies with melted chocolate.
Yield varies on how thick/thin you roll the dough and the size of your cookie cutters.
I use this recipe all the time with my students, and they really like the cookies.